Thursday 1 December 2011

Thoughts

Happy 76th Birthday to Mr. Woody Allen :D May he continue to make brilliant movies for many more years. My thoughts for this week-


1) I just saw that Jesse Eisenberg is suing Lionsgate and Grindstone Entertainment for wrongfully publicising the film Camp Hell in which he had a cameo for less than five minutes as a film in which he has the main role. There are claims upto 3 million dollars. Now admit it, when you heard this, you cannot help picturing Jesse à la Mark Zuckerberg sitting in a courtroom and going "Did I adequately answer your condescending question?" OMG it's like fucking life imitating fucking art y'all! This is a pretty serious thing I suppose, but I found it incredibly hilarious. I also love it whenever the Winklevoss twins sue Zuckerberg, which is often. Those greedy relentless Winklevii are ze best! And gosh I miss The Social Network... hopefully if I am able to finish my macroeconomics portion today for my exam tomorrow, I might attempt to watch it and laugh a bit more this time.


2) Christian Bale has dropped out of the Darren Aronofsky Noah film because of scheduling conflicts with his two Terrence Malick projects. Aronfsky now has his eyes set on Fassy. Now, I think Fassy is a great actor, but I think it's too early in his career to do such a role. Also, I think the bit of eccentricity that Bale brings to his characters would have really complimented a role like Noah, and Fassy is more of the reserved, stylish type, so I can't see it with him as clearly as I can see it with Bale.


3) A picture of Daniel Day-Lewis with the Abraham Lincoln make-up for his upcoming epynomous film directed by Steven Spielberg has been released. I think the blog historysaidwhat.tumblr.com would love it. It's funny yet believable, but such is the power of Mr. Day-Lewis I suppose. Can't wait for this!


4) Trailers- Madonna's directorial debut W.E. has a trailer out. First of all, they shouldn't have named it that seeing that in this day and age of chatting and BBM lingo, the name translates as 'whatever' and almost makes me not want to see because of that. Also, the historical part looks interesting, but the modern aspect reminds me too much of this terrible film I once saw called Possession. I might just see it to see what Madonna can do with a camera. John Carter has a trailer. Taylor Kitsch is such a piece of stone and I do not get the plot. Bollywood time- The Dirty Picture starring Vidya Balan as the South-Indian sex-symbol Silk. I am dying to see this. It's releasing tomorrow, but I have my exams and I have to really goad my family into letting me watch this. I love the whole look, I love the idea of a mainstream Bollywood movie being so subversive, and I absolutely love Vidya Balan. She is one of those rare actresses that is really sexy and really classy at the same time. This also has Naseeruddin Shah so double score! I think if they can truly capture the right tone of what a film like this should be like, it will be one of the best Bollywood films of the year.


5) Award Madness- As I said last week, I will, for now, just talk about random "Oscar-worthy" things I see until I see all the competing films. I saw Martha Marcy May Marlene this week and it blew me away. I am writing about it for my next mini-reviews, but let me just say this, I am more impressed by Elizabeth Olsen than I was with Jennifer Lawrence last year. I didn't even like Winter's Bone. I had no feelings towards it whatsoever except for Lawrence's performance. But man, Olsen is a whole another thing. She is just amazing in it, and I wasn't even aware of her existence until like two weeks back. I honestly believed the surname was a coincidence, because she does not look or sound like the Olsen twins all that much. In fact, she looks a bit like Deborah Ann Woll according to me. Anyways, I am so campaigning for her, and frankly I am a bit saddened that Felicity Jones won over her in the Gotham Independent Film Awards. Also, I quite like MMMM on its own too. I thought it was intriguing and scary and well-acted and beautifully shot. So it may become a serious contender for the slightly more obscure movie spot in the Oscar BP list. Even though Beginners won alongside The Tree of Life as Best Feature in the Gotham awards, I don't think it will be able to keep up the steam. 


6) Taking a leaf out of what has become my most popular post ever, and also making amends for the grotesque mistake of forgetting to mention the New Year's Eve poster among the best, I present to you this-



 'From the Academy Award winning creators that brought you the classic films “Valentine’s Day” and “New Year’s Eve” comes the newly anticipated romantic comedy “President’s Day”.
Starring all your favorite Commander in Chiefs just on the search for love with their fellow colleagues.'
And you know that the Hector Elizondo character will be the one to make it all happen *wink*.

Adieu.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to think Eisenberg is suing them for the benefit of all of us that might run out and buy Camp Hell and go 'hey not much Jesse' but I really don't think he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...maybe a bit of both. Greed mixed with concern for the fans. I think TSN made suing cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I love that poster! I just can't wait for President's Day to come out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for President's Day to release is my sole reason for living.

    ReplyDelete