1) Awara- This is one of the Indian classics proper, and it was very good indeed. I can't remember the last time I saw a surreal dream sequence in a Bollywood film.
2) The Crow- This film felt like a really long 90s music video, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I would very much like a more "filmy" film made on the subject which I thought was v. interesting.
3) His Girl Friday- Wish I could talk this fast, and coherently at that.
4) La Haine- Mindblown. Also, officially one of my favourite looking films now.
5) Jack the Giant Slayer- Oh the things I watch for actors I find attractive...
6) Thirst- Everything a modern vampire movie should be.
7) Labyrinth- Bowie is awesome, "Magic Dance" is now one of my most-played songs, but the film hasn't aged that well.
8) Oz the Great and Powerful- I did a podcast on it! I had fun while watching it, but quite an unnecessary film really.
9) Out of Sight- Has Clooney ever been sexier? I think not.
10) Les Diaboliques- Quite brilliant.
11) The Devil's Backbone- Poignant and creepy at the same time.
12) The Full Monty- Fucking brilliant. "I Believe In Miracles" is on repeat as well.
13) Shallow Grave- Very disturbing and rather fun. Ewan McGregor 4eva.
14) Witness for Prosecution- So freaking amazing. Marlene Dietrich was such a goddess.
15) The Hunger- I miss vampires being sexy in films. Too much slo-mo though. It became distracting.
16) Mere Dad ki Maruti- The excrement that my father makes me watch. Such films almost make me lose faith in cinema.
17) Special 26- Pretty good though no where close to the brilliance of A Wednesday.
18) Tokyo Story- I thought it will be really depressing, but I loved how realistically poignant it was.
19) Chungking Express- Just amazing. Brigitte Lin's character's look is to die for.
20) Tape- Quite uncomfortable and good.
21) Shadows and Fog- Woody was trying to do a tad too much. Looked great though.
1) Sin City- Thought I would give it another chance, but barring its look, it really does nothing for me. Will watch the sequel for Fassy though. Oh the things I watch for actors I find attractive...
2) The Virgin Suicides- Always enchanting and baffling. Watched it after the release of the teaser of Bling Ring.
3) Enchanted- Amy Adams and James Marsden are the best!
4) Star Trek- One of the most entertaining films I have ever seen. The sequel cannot come fast enough.
5) American Psycho- What a wonderful, twisted film! Still my favourite Bale performance.
6) Sleepless in Seattle- I watched that ending at least 15 times, I kid you not. Loveliness itself.
7) Django Unchained- Rewatched it in the theatre just in time for QT's 50th. Glorious blood.
8) Scott Pilgrim vs the World- Just needed some epic epicness in my life.
9) Captain America: The First Avenger- After watching Scott Pilgrim, I suddenly started craving Chris Evans. This film has Jenna-Louise Coleman, Richard Armitage and Natalie Dormer in it and I only noticed that this time around.
10) Moonrise Kingdom- The beauty of this film *sigh*.
Girls, season 2- The first half of this season was really, really good and then it just went a bit nuts even though it did end with, thankfully, a happy finale. a) Favourite episode- "One Man's Trash". This has to be one of my favourite episodes of any show ever. It was like a perfect dream and then what happens when it ends. b) MVP- Adam Driver as Adam Sackler. He's such a weird character, though oddly endearing. Him in the season finale was just... wow. c) Favourite quotes-
Elijah: What the fuck are you wearing?
Marnie: My uniform.
Elijah: You look like a slutty Von Trapp child.
Stardust by Neil Gaiman- Is it horrible that I like the film more? Or maybe because I am so used to it. Still, a pretty fantastic book.
Firsts- 44 Rewatched- 24 Shorts- 1
I will hopefully post a few reviews in April. We shall see. Doctor Who madness continues, obviously.