Tuesday 9 April 2013

"I'm a normal kid, really. I just love to act."


Mary Elle Fanning is one the biggest rising stars of today, which is insane because she has *just* turned 15. As you can see from my banner, I am quite the fan of Miss Fanning. She started acting at the age of 2 years and 8 months (!) playing a younger version of her sister Dakota. Her recent turn as a troubled teen in 60s England in Ginger and Rosa left me gobsmacked because of her gargantuan acting talent. Also, I think she is one of the most beautiful actresses out there and I have had a girl-crush on her for quite sometime now (which I think is a tad creepy on my part but yeah...). Compared to Dakota, who is quite good an actress herself, I think Elle is the bigger talent and beauty. Even in the pictures of them as children, Elle has a much more soulful look. She just has a great face and is adorable in interviews and I can't wait to see what she does with her career. I already think that she's like the Nicole Kidman of our age.








HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY ELLE FANNING!


8 comments:

  1. She's definitely one of my favorite actresses right now. Somewhere is definitely her breakout role as she is becoming a force to be reckon with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I was so shocked at her talent in Somewhere.

      Delete
  2. She's wonderful. I love her performances in Somewhere and Super 8. Still waiting to see Ginger and Rosa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them too. Ginger and Rosa has her best performance yet.

      Delete
  3. She's definitely started to break out of Dakota's shadow. (Which can't be an easy thing) I look forward to Ginger and Rosa. I think it's coming to my theater next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Dakota who is in Elle's shadow now.

      Delete
  4. LOVE her! Can't wait to see Ginger and Rosa and I'm sure her and Jolie will be amazing together in Maleficent. I like Dakota as well, but I too think Elle is even more lovely and talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Maleficient will be awesome!

      Delete