1) First of all, Stevee of Cinematic Paradox kinda, maybe, sorta giving up blogging for a while to focus on her final year of school. Stevee's was one of the first film blogs that I started following and it was a huge inspiration for me, even though it's only a few months older than mine. She's my blogging soulsister and I do hope she returns eventually.
2) I have started making my end-of-the-year lists but as I mentioned, my exams are on. Hopefully, I should finally start posting them in my study leave in between. I also had an Oscar-themed post in mind but we'll see how that goes. I won't be watching the Oscars live as I will be giving my film-studies exam then (oh the irony).
3) After my little freakout last week about Matt Smith joining Ryan Gosling's directorial debut How to Catch a Monster, it was reported that Saoirse Ronan will also be among its cast. I love Ronan and think she's like a wonder young actor and this film better be good because my expectations are crazy high right now.
4) Chris Pratt, who plays the lovable Andy Dwyer in Parks and Recreation and was the only one happy about Osama Bin Laden being dead in Zero Dark Thirty, is going to play the lead in Guardian of the Galaxy. Reading the character description, I kind of don't see it but here's hoping for the best.
5) Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Christian Bale will star in David O. Russell's next film about "70s FBI sting operation Abscam that took down a bunch of U.S. congressmen." This is amazing. This will be Lawrence's third film with Cooper, though in this, she will be playing Bale's wife. I'm already so high on the Silver Linings Playbook love that I cannot wait for this.
6) Ladies and gentlemen, David Fincher-
The song's kind of blah, but my goodness, Fincher HAS to make a black and white film now, yes?
7) Hey guys, don't you miss the music in this blog? I sure do, but I haven't been able to find a good site that will allow me to post a playlist on the blog. If you know of any, kindly put a link in the comments.
8) Trailers- Fast & Furious 6 is going to come now. You would think that people will stop making these films. However, I will say that while watching the trailer, I kind of did want to watch it. It's just the kind of film I need right now. Trance's red-band trailer is all kinds of awesome. If that last Vincent Cassell bit doesn't make one want to watch the film, I don't think anything else can convince them. Two Mothers looks really creepy and fucked-up. I do not want to watch it. Monster's University doesn't have the most impressive trailer out, but I would like to see how Pixar tackles the frat lifestyle. Finally, Game of Thrones, series 3 is only a month and a half away!!
9) Finally, if you are not aware of it, I have gone a little Noel Fielding-gaga over the past few weeks. I have watched a lot of The Mighty Boosh and Big Fat Quiz of the Year and all of his Never Mind the Buzzcocks stuff. Since the Boosh won't make much sense to people who haven't watched the wonderfully weird show, here is a collection of some of my favourite Noel parts in Buzzcocks-
My goth god :)
Bye for now!