1) So my last thoughts post was before the Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globes nominations were announced. If you don't know them yet, check out Stevee's Annual Awards Nerdism. All I'm going to say is that I wish The Perks of Being a Wallflower was getting awards attention. Happy about the Django Unchained and Skyfall love and I hate The Amazing Spider-Man with a burning passion. TV-wise, someone give Benedict Cumberbatch an award.
2) Generally, I wouldn't talk about this, but Kate Winslet got married to someone named Ned Rocknroll (I know, right?) and Leonardo DiCaprio gave her away. WHAT?! HAVE THEY NOT WATCHED TITANIC?! Ugh this sucks. I really think someone should tell Leo that the key to winning his Oscar is marrying Kate first. Please.
3) Posters and pictures- Side Effects has a really cool poster out, which captures the concept of the film well. The Place Beyond the Pines has a hilarious poster. I hate babies too, Ryan Gosling (and I lurve youuu). Even though I usually don't like character posters much, I am loving The Great Gatsby ones. Isla Fisher's in particular is very gorgeous. And there is the first picture from The World's End, which is awesome 'cuz this film will be awesomeness itself!
4) Hello again, brilliant Tim Burton!
5) Trailers- Even though I love Guillermo Del Toro, I am not all that psyched about Pacific Rim except for the Idris Elba-presence. Hopefully the film will be much better than the trailer. Quite conversely, I am dying to watch Star Trek Into Darkness which has a proper trailer out. It has a darker tone and Mr. Cumberbatch looks especially faaaaiiinnneee. This Is The End has a truly hilarious trailer out, in spite of the pee bit at the end (Pee = not funny). "Michael Cera is dead" already made me laugh more than a lot of movies this year. The Great Gatsby has another trailer out. While I liked the earlier one better, this introduces the characters more. Also, I guess we will have Romeo+Juliet-esque modern soundtrack in this. The Place Beyond the Pines, which has wayyy too less Ryan Gosling, imo. Still it starts with this, so points for that. Pain and Gain looks like serious fun, so good for Michael Bay. And the final trailer of 2012, is a Bollywood one. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is a biopic about Milkha Singh and though the trailer isn't all that brilliant, I love the people involved.
6) How do you like the banner? 2012 favs.
7) Finally, how freaking awesome was the Doctor Who Christmas special? Okay not so much plot-wise, but I'm already loving Jenna Louise-Coleman as the impossible girl, Clara Oswin Oswald and her chemistry with Matt Smith. Speaking of whom-
Does anyone have the devil's number so that I can sell him my soul to make this happen to me?
See you next year people!