2) Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables, The Dark Knight Rises)- This was one of the segments that I actually understood. It was v. pretty, and Anne was as amazing as always.
3) Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect)- Yaay mermaids. The beginning of this is quite odd.
4) Naomi Watts (The Impossible)- This was clearly reminiscent of Mulholland Drive when Watts's character has several mood/character changes. I love her eyes.
5) Kerry Washington (Django Unchained)- I like her slight sass in this. Again, a very elegant.
6) Elle Fanning (Ginger and Rosa)- Ugh her almost unnatural beauty is devastating. Elle Fanning is generally quite fairy princess-y, so this segment was perfect for her.
7) Keira Knightley (Anna Karenina)- I'm sorry but her face looks paralyzed to me in this.
8) Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook, The Hunger Games)- While she looked stunning, this was a very weird idea/dream. Indiana Jones would not approve.
9) Helen Hunt (The Sessions)- This was um, extremely strange. She looked happy though.
10) Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone)- This segment was just beautiful. It reminded me of all those women artists who killed themselves. And Cotillard is exquisite.
11) Shirley Maclaine (Bernie)- Yeah, dogs. Moving on.
12) Amy Adams (The Master)- I didn't exactly get the segment, but I loved the use of Adams's sparkly dress and she looked mesmeric.
13) Emmanuelle Riva (Amour)- Oh this was just so happy and lovely. Adorable.
My favourites were Watts, Cotillard and Riva and I thought Hathaway, Fanning and Adams were some of the most beautiful looking segments. Among those missing were Best Actress front-runner Jessica Chastain and one of my favourite performers of the year, Rachel Weisz.
What did you think?