2) Sam Mendes will not direct Bond 24. A part of me wants to boo this decision after his brilliant work in Skyfall, and a part of me is glad because in case he didn't deliver, it might have marred that very work. I can't really think of a director right now, but I do hope the producers decide to walk down a similar path and find a director who can continue exploiting the more dramatic and deeper side of James Bond.
3) The Harry Potter stars have got it going on! Daniel Radcliffe, aka my favourite person in the world, is in talks to star as Igor in the sci-fi retelling of Frankenstein that has been penned down by Chronicle's Max Landis. I think this sounds like all kinds of bizarre awesomeness, what with the Frankenstein character reportedly being "pathologically dirty and dressed in old clowns clothing." I am really looking forward to it and DanRad's work in it. Also speaking of re-imaginings, Emma Watson might star as the eponymous heroine in the live action version of Cinderella with Cate Blanchett as the Evil Stepmother and Kenneth Branagh at the helm as director. I think she will be a lovely Cinderella.
4) Anchorman 2 is one of my most anticipated films of this year and after news of Kristen Wiig and James Marsden joining the comic cast, the ultimate hero-actor, Harrison Ford, too will be seen in the film. It is becoming damn near impossible to wait for this film. It is going to be gold.
5) Posters- Iron Man 3 has a ton of posters out. I do like the Pepper Potts poster and (I'm guessing) the final poster but I absolutely lurve the Tony Stark character poster. I would actually like to own it. It's badass. Also speaking of excellent posters, the latest Spring Breakers poster is super girly and violent and I adore it. The new Hangover 3 poster trying to mimic the final Harry Potter posters is just hilarious. Coming to TV shows (WHICH ARE GOING TO FINALLY START IN MARCH! WOO HOO!), Doctor Who has a new poster out with the Doctor, Clara and a whole lot of upcoming villains whose images are hidden in the shards of glass. Also Game of Thrones has character posters out and they are awesome. Even fucking Joffrey gets one, though I am pretty sure it's for people to throw things at.
6) Links- Mette is turning 18 soon. She's far too cool for someone so young and is celebrating this fact on her blog with a series of The Upcoming Adult lists. They are fantastic. Speaking of, Ryan at The Matinee has written nearly 2000 posts! 1999 to be exact with the 2000th one coming out later today. I'll probably be 70 by the time I reach that many posts, so a huge congratulations and also a pat on the back to him. Also, do check out Anna's musings on the ultimate cinephile question- "Why movies? Why not books, music, art? What elevates film above all else?" Excellent read and something I really understand and agree with.
7) Trailers- Frances Ha, which looks hilarious and weird and something I would seriously enjoy. I have been waiting for it since TIFF last year. Spring Breakers that is looks like a truly strange, alluring, crazy film and I am actually looking forward to it. The latest Iron Man 3 trailer is the best one yet, and I am finally fully pumped for this film. I was scared that this film will take too serious a tone, but I can see the glimpses of humour and one-liners in it, so I am a happy bunny now. In TV land, the new Hannibal show looks pretty intense and I think it will be great. Finally, the Game of Thrones, Season 3 extended trailer has made me hungry for this show again. It looks epic and god I love Tyrion and the dragons!
8) Finally, I am going to leave you with David Bowie's latest music video, starring his androgynous alien soulmate, Tilda Swinton. As I read somewhere, and agree whole-heartedly, Bowie probably started making new music again so that Swinton could star in his videos.
She HAS to star as Bowie in his biopic, yes?