If you would like, please do vote for me in these categories. You can see my blog's design and this is a Weekly Thoughts post. As for Funniest Writer- Q: What is red and smells like blue paint? A: Red paint. *drops the mic and walks away*
The entire Eligibility List is out and I would be checking them out soon. However, I already know that two blogs that I will be voting for a lot are And So It Begins... and Cinematic Corner. Alex Withrow is a shoo-in for the Most Knowledgeable Writer. Dude has watched every movie ever, seriously! And though Being Norma Jeane is in the Best Design category too, Sati's site is, and this is probably the highest praise I can give to anything, the Ryan Gosling of blogs. It's gorgeous! Also, I am conflicted between Alex's "In Character" thingies and Sati's "Visual Parallels" for Best Running Feature.
2) Anyways, getting back to film world, Steven Spielberg was in India recently and is thinking about making a film about the India-Pakistan-Kashmir conflict. Woah! A part of me thinks it will be brilliant and a part of me, i.e. the part that remembers Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom only far too well, is scared. That was one ridiculously inaccurate and racist film and was saved only because Harrison Ford is a god. One of the names being thrown about for the Bollywood cast of the Kashmir film is that of Anushka Sharma, which is awesome because she is a wonderfully charismatic and beautiful actress who can actually act- a rarity in Bollywood. I guess I do want this to happen. Also if Spielberg comes to Calcutta, I'm sooooooooo stalking him.
3) Jane's Got a Gun. I don't really have anything funny to say about that. I don't need to. *drops the mic and walks away*
4) Ryan Gosling is apparently taking a break from acting. RUBBISH, I TELL YA'! Yes, him directing How to Catch a Monster is the single-most awaited event of my life right now, but still. He's an amazing actor! He can't talk all this crap. In the meantime, some stills from his upcoming potential epic, Only God Forgives have been released.
5) Speaking of, my ovaries explode and go to heaven at 7:32 in this video-
This film will be the death of me. It's going to be really experimental though, so I am a tiny bit scared too.
6) TV talk- Season 3 of American Horror Story will be called American Horror Story: Coven. So witches it is, and glamorous ones at that. Can't wait! Bates Motel started this week and it wasn't half bad. Freddie Highmore's face is really weird and distracting, though not in a good way, but he was pretty creepy as Norman Bates. I thought Vera Farmiga's Mrs. Norma Bates was exactly like how I had imagined her to be, except she's obviously much prettier. Girls, thankfully, had a pretty great season finale. Was anyone else reminded of Manhattan's Isaac Davis when Adam ran across Brooklyn streets to Hannah? They are both completely insane romantic gestures if you think about it.
7) Trailers- Despicable Me 2 looks fun enough. You know, I would really like to have some minions. THE BEST STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS TRAILER YET! As much as I love Kirk and Spock, I am definitely going to end up siding with Benedict Cumberbatch's villain. I know it.
8) Oh and have you guys been listening to Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. It's absolutely fantastic. Everyone in it is doing a great job, with special props to Scottish king, James McAvoy and the angel of voices, Benedict Cumberbatch (yes, I did just write that. It's allowed because it's true).
9) New header and sidebar pictures. YAAY!
10) Finally, Matt Smith wants to be a Bond villain. I don't know if he's menacing enough to be a main villain, but he can be like a side-villain and fight Q. I would really, really, really like that. So would, it seems, Sir Ian McKellen-
Would not mind sharing Matt Smith with him one bit. Nope.
Please vote and adieu!