1) So I am directing a one-act play for my year in the annual inter-year dramatics competition in my college. It's been a sort of whirlwind since it has only been a month in the new college and I don't exactly know what I am doing or am supposed to do most of the time. But I like it. I don't remember the last time I was excited about actually doing something apart from watching a certain movie or whatever. It's like that Catcher in the Rye quote- "I like it when somebody gets excited about something. It's nice." It *is* nice and though we are probably screwed for the final performance that will happen the day after tomorrow (SOO SCREWED), this may just be, as my mother embarrassingly calls it, my "directorial debut" (ugh, moms -.-). Yeah I wish it was a little less, well, crazy but we do have period costumes and fake mustaches and it is funny. All I want is that we put on a good show :) Also technically, my directorial debut was in 5th grade, with another one-act play which was about 3 minutes long. The teacher said that I was a good director, and I have come to think that this is probably the point where it all started...
2) Okay in the movie world this is what is happening: Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of The Great Gatsby will now be released in 2013, which sucks because all I wanted was a Very Leo Christmas. Next, Joss Whedon will also direct The Avengers 2- YAAAAAAAAYY! I am already hooked :D :D And Ben Affleck might direct the Justice League movie- YAA...eh what? In some ways, it might be surprisingly good, since Affleck is definitely a better director than actor, but I don't know. I can't quite picture it, at all.
3) One of the most anticipated films of this year, Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master has released a new poster and a whole bunch of pictures. I think the poster is gorgeous and weird, just like everything that has been released of the movie so far. The pictures clearly show that it is Joaquin Phoenix and not Philip Seymour Hoffman who is the lead, and I am still plenty happy about that. Another obvious powerhouse performance of this year will be Daniel Day-Lewis's in Lincoln. He looks brilliant!
4) Trailers- Another of the highly-awaited movies of 2012 is Seven Psychopaths, and goddamn the trailer is fantastic! I luurrvvee In Bruges, and what with people like Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson and Christopher Walken, this film is almost definitely going to be mindblowingly awesome! Trouble with the Curve, which is a film I can see myself not caring about one tiny little bit. I'm sorry but I just am that closed-minded when it comes to sports movies. Also, STOP MAKING MOVIES AND GO BACK TO MAKING MUSIC, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!! I just had to get that off my chest. A Royal Affair starring Mads Mikkelsen, which looks intriguing. Great Expectations looks terrible, but Jeremy Irvine is adorable and I think casting HBC as Mrs. Havisham is a stroke of genius. Finally there is the hilariously awful trailer of Red Dawn. I only talk about it because it has Josh from Drake and Josh! Remember him/that? What happened? :O
5) By the by, the films that I am most looking forward to this year are- 15) To the Wonder, 14) Imogene, 13) Perks of Being a Wallflower, 12) Ruby Sparks, 11) Place Beyond the Pines, 10) Anna Karenina, 9) Midnight's Children, 8) Holy Motors, 7) Moonrise Kingdom, 6) Beasts of the Southern Wild, 5) Skyfall, 4) The Hobbit, 3) The Master, 2) Seven Psychopaths, 1) Django Unchained.
And so far my favourite films have been (not counting Margaret because I think that's a 2011 film)- 5) Chronicle, 4) Bachelorette, 3) TDKR, 2) Brave, 1) The Avengers. Clearly you can see that I haven't watched anything.
6) Finally, this is courtesy of Anna from Defiant Success-
Never get a mind filter, you glorious, glorious man.