1) I have no one to watch The Avengers with. I hate this world. Team Loki forever! Also, speaking of other blockbusters and teams, Josh "Peeta" Hutcherson adopted a special needs puppy and named it Driver, after Ryan Gosling's mysterious character in the awesome Drive. So obviously, I am with the bakers now!
2) Okay am I the only one who hates studios revealing information on sequels before the first part has even been released? I mean as evident as it is that nothing will happen to Ironman and Black Widow in The Avengers, they can shut up about how RDJ and Scarlett Johannson are returning in Ironman 3 for a second. Especially considering The Avengers is what all the other Marvel films have been building up to. Having said that, I am beyond pumped about the other cast members joining Ironman 3- Sir Ben Kingsley as the villain, the always brilliant Guy Pearce and maybe even La Chastain, in some sexy scientist role. Also, it seems that The Amazing Spiderman 2 is already getting written by the Star Trek writers. The first part hasn't even released yet. It is okay to plan ahead, just release the news afterwards.
3) Best Film News of the Week- The World's End, which is said to be the last part in the Blood and Ice Cream/ Three Cornetto Flavours Trilogy, all directed by Edgar Wright and starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, aka Best Onscreen Couple EVER, is being written. Or rather has already been written by Wright and Pegg and its second draft is ready. OMGOMGOMG! I live for the day it gets made, and I am seriously not exaggerating. Let the world literally end after that and I would not care at all.
4) And now for some bad news, at least for me- the much awaited Darren Aronofsky "Noah" movie has found its savior, in the form of Russel Crowe. Ai yai yai... I really do not like Crowe. He's my anti-Depp and I find it very difficult to sit through his films. Gladiator was good but I did fall sick after watching it. And I like L.A. Confidential because it is a great film and has Guy Pearce and Kevin Spacey in it. I have only been looking forward to his next film Les Miserables because it will have the wonderful Hugh Jackman singing in it. I was quite excited and intrigued about the "Noah" film... I don't know how much I want to see it anymore.
5) Trailers- The trailer to Oliver Stone's Savages was released a few weeks back but I forgot to post it. It's a bit crazy, but I guess we expect that from a Stone movie. However, the block of stone that is Blake Lively telling us at the beginning of the trailer that she may die at the end of the story is a humongous faux pas. It just makes the film extremely predictable no matter how it ends unless she is somehow strapped onto a cow-shaped Death Star and oh I don't know... it's all bad!! I do like the fact that it has Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro though. Hope Springs, which has Queen Meryl reuniting with The Devil Wears Prada director, David Frankel. It looks sweet and also stars Tommy Lee Jones, who is always a delight in lighter roles like this one, and Steve Carell. The *hopefully* final trailer to Pixar's Brave has been released. I can't wait for this film and Merida's hair enough. Lawless has a friggin' awesome trailer out. Firstly it has an absolute dream cast- Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Mia Wasikowska, Gary Oldman, Guy Pearce and oh so sexy Jessica Chastain. Secondly, I love Prohibition-era stuff, especially those big-ass tommy guns. Finally, the trailer of the week comes in the form of the lovely Ruby Sparks. I love Paul Dano! It is made by the wonderful people who made Little Miss Sunshine and I completely adore the premise of the story. I can see myself becoming obsessed with this film and hating reality even more after that. It also stars the likes of Annette Benning, Antonio Banderas and Steve Coogan.
6) Finally, I'm in love with this song and video-