1) BEFORE MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!! OR RATHER IT HAS ALREADY SUPER-SECRETLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!! ZOMG I'M SO EXCITED THAT EVEN THESE MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS PALE IN COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) Yeah... so Before Midnight, the third part to the absolutely wonderful Before Sunrise-Sunset movies has wrapped up filming in Greece. There is a picture and everything. I am not even going to speculate about what has happened or will happen. I just need more of Celine and Jesse in my life, and I am very thankful for the existence of this movie. With this and The World's End, we are seeing the possibility of two of the greatest trilogies ever coming out next year. Yaaay!
3) Fassy is going to play a rockstar in new indie movie, Frank. It is a comedy that also stars Domhnall Gleeson, aka Bill Weasley, as "an aspiring musician who finds himself in over his head when he joins an eccentric rock band led by Fassbender." Fassy, as everyone knows by now, is a super-actor who seems to never rest because he is permanently filming. I'm not complaining though. This project seems like fun, and I don't think I have ever seen Fassy do anything comic. His Archie Hicox and Erik Lensherr had elements of humour in them, but that's about it.
4) The other two big movie news of this week is that Spike Jonze's next film, Her, will have Joaquin Phoenix falling in love with a computer. "In the not so distant future, Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix), a lonely writer purchases a newly developed operating system designed to meet the user's every needs. To Theodore's surprise, a romantic relationship develops between him and his operating system. This unconventional love story blends science fiction and romance in a sweet tale that explores the nature of love and the ways that technology isolates and connects us all." This will be amazing. It's sort of like his previous films but then not really. I love Phoenix being weird. It also has a great female cast consisting of Rooney Mara, Samantha Morton, Olivia Wilde and Amy Adams. Presently both Phoenix and Adams can be seen in Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master, whose next will be an adaptation of Inherent Vice, about "Larry 'Doc' Sportello a private eye based in Los Angeles in the late 1960s. He’s a believer in the psychedelic free-love era, and his case involves an ex-girlfriend, her real estate billionaire boyfriend and a kidnapping." And none other than Robert Downey Jr. is said to be eyeing this role. I can see both these films being out-of-this-world fantabulous! Cannot wait.
5) This is probably the most unsurprising news ever, but there's a new Woody Allen film in the making that I just found out about. It is being filmed in San Francisco. As always, it boasts of a pretty impressive cast, headed by the sublime Cate Blanchett (2nd Oscar time please!), Peter Sarsgaard, Alec Balwin and Sally Hawkins. I am yet to see To Rome with Love, but seeing how every alternate Woody film is brilliant (the last one being my beloved Midnight in Paris), I have high hopes for it.
6) Links- A very happy 23rd birthday to Sati and a very happy 1st blog birthday to Aziza's Picks :D
7) Trailers- Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, which looks so hilariously bad that I almost want to see it. The Impossible, that looks like an incredible family drama and stars one of my most favourite actors, Ewan McGregor and also Naomi Watts. The To Do List which has the awesome Aubrey Plaza, looks fun though not all that much. Still, I love her and I will probably watch this. The Iceman that has Michael Shannon, Ray Liota, Winona Ryder (!!), Chris Evans and James Franco. What can I say, it had me at Winona (please let this be her comeback). A really cool cast overall actually. On the Road's latest trailer looks really good, and I like it so much more than the previous one. It is more along the lines of what I imagined it to be. Also, with the reediting of the film, it will be interesting to see how much better a film it has become.
8) Finally, Doctor Who series 7 started this week and it was abso-bloomin'-lutely epic!! I am thinking of doing weekly posts on it and on, wait for it, the hot mess that is America's Next Top Model. Let's see if I can find time this week to do the first one, otherwise I'll just freak out about Who in the next weekly thoughts post. Until then, let's just rejoice the Doctor style-
That's all folks.