Sunday 2 March 2014

Thoughts

Okay let's do this quickly before everything is erased from our heads due to Oscars.

1) David Fincher is in talks to be the director of the Aaron Sorkin-scripted Steve Jobs movie. HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!!! I don't know if you guys are aware of this but I'm kind of obsessed with The Social Network and think that it's a perfect movie and the fact that these two guys might be collaborating again is music to my earholes. In case you've forgotten, the script of this movie is rather unique because it is set at three different points of time, right before the launches of Mac, NeXT and the iPod. Usually, Sorkin is a bit too American for my taste but I really think Fincher can bring out the best out of him. I cannot wait for the film if this comes to pass.

2) There's going to be a new Fantastic Four movie because we REALLY NEEDED another one and the cast is more than weird. Miles Teller will play Mr. Fantastic (no, I don't remember any of their real names), Kate Mara will be Invisible Woman, Michael B. Jordan is the Human Torch and Jamie Bell, of all the humans currently inhabiting this planet, will play the Thing. What the what? I'm not all that concerned about the face that Invisible Woman and Human Torch, who are siblings in the comics, are going to be played by a white woman and a black man because I think Jordan's the most perfect casting here and Mara is always cool. But Jamie Bell is like a tiny albeit very hot Englishman. What about him reminds one of a big, bald guy made of rocks and boulders? First Eisenberg, now this- all the casting agents are on lemmons.

3) Okay no, that's too much of a generalisation. I mean, I LOVE the fact that Patrick Wilson is now going to be in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man too! This movie is going to be gold. Also that Adam Driver is the new Star Wars villain. I am a bit skeptical about this movie but Driver has the potential of being an interesting kind of scary and I'd like to see that.

4) They're remaking Point Break, which is totally POINTless (hehehehehe) because Hot Fuzz exists and it will never be better than that. Some people have been cast. I don't care. I just wanted to profess my love for Hot Fuzz again and make that totally hilarious dad joke.

5) Also, there will apparently be a new Amazing Shit-Man movie every year. Lovely. Anyone for mass suicide? Marc Webb will direct the 3rd one too and hence be successful in making all of us forget that he was the man behind something as original and wonderful as (500) Days of Summer.

6) I was not aware of this but Mean Girls is based on a book (?) and its writer, Rosalind Wiseman has a sort of sequel to it called Queen Be Moms and King Pin Dads: Dealing With the Parents, Teachers, Coaches and Counselors Who Can Make - Or Break - Your Child's future. Wordy name but it's kind of like Mean Girls but instead with moms and this is now going to be adapted into a film entitled Mean Moms starring Jennifer Aniston. I actually like this project. It reminds me of Desperate Housewives a bit.

7) I've started reading Neil Gaiman's legendary graphic novel series, The Sandman and I love the heck out of it already. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to direct its movie adaptation and possibly star in it too and screenwriter Jack Thorne, who has things like Skins and This is England among his credits, will write it. I am curious to see what they do with these stories. If handled properly, this movie can be amazing.


8) This video is v. important because of reasons-
I can't believe Superwoman (you should check out all of her videos- she's amazeballs) got Madhuri Dixit to star in one of her videos. It's beautiful.

9) Trailers- Enemy looks like the right kind of mindfuck. I am super psyched about it. Orphan Black's second season's trailer is out and I can't wait to get sucked into its cleverness and thrill again. Penny Dreadful's trailer definitely has the dramatic creepiness down. Let's hope the show doesn't disappoint. The Olympic featurette for Angelina Jolie's Unbroken looks pretty impressive to me. But then again, it might be because I really want this to be Jack O'Connell's year. Locke's trailer is kinda boring but apparently it's really good and I've started to find bearded Tom Hardy v. hot so there's that. My second most favourite trailer was of the new Godzilla movie. The part where the planes begin to fall down looks fantastic. The king, or the StormLord of the trailers though is The Guardians of the Galaxy. It's the most "un-superhero movie" superhero movie trailer I have ever seen. I love how it looks, the use of the song is fucking brilliant, Chris Pratt is now hot AND awesome, and I have heard the "What a bunch of A-holes" line some 5856891748292 times already. It's my new "It's a bingo!" So funny.

10) Finally, June Squibb is officially my role model now-
George, you dog!


Bye guys! Let's hope Oscars aren't too awful. #prayercircleforLeo

4 comments:

  1. June Squibb is awesome :) Cannot wait for Godzilla the trailers for it are badass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June Squibb is the best. The trailers ARE badass. Can't wait!

      Delete
  2. The cast for the new Fantastic Four has me optimistic, but we'll see. I'll probably watch the Spider-Man sequels only for Garfield and Stone. Really, those movies shouldn't even exist.

    Go Leo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm half optimistic-half weirded out.
      As will I. If only the films would have a cast as dumb and unimpressive as its premise.

      Poor Leo :(

      Delete