Thursday 21 November 2013

Across the Universe Podcast: Episode 14

Episode 14: Noirvember

In this episode, Mette, Sofia and I look at some classic film noirs to celebrate Noirvember that has been started by the awesome Marya Gates. Listen as we discuss our favourite cynical morally conflicted heroes, the untrustworthy dames in their lives, the beautiful low-key lit black and white and everything else noir.

I must also apologise here for sounding very dazed throughout the episode. As you will find out when you listen, I was recording after a very hectic week. Apologies to all.

Contents:
0:19- Chick-chatter
2:57- Trailer
3:19- Interesting Movie of the Fortnight
22:05- The chicks discuss The Maltese Falcon (1941)
35:53- The chicks discuss Sweet Smell of Success (1957) 
48:07- The chicks discuss Sunset Blvd. (1950)
1:16:28- Plugs and Goodbyes

Music:
Artie Shaw "Nightmare"
The Velvet Underground "Femme Fatale"
Jim Sturgess "Across The Universe"


Follow us at: facebook.com/acrosstheuniversepodcast
Write to us at: acrosstheuniversepodcast@gmail.com
Find us on iTunes: search for Across the Universe Podcast
Download episodes from: Our Dropbox page


3 comments:

  1. Great episode all round! Nice to see Sweet Swell of Success and Sunset Blvd. get profiles throughout the podcast, they're two of my favourites. I think I've seen The Maltese Falcon - at least most of it - but I may have to catch up on that one.

    In terms of a noir I'd recommend that I don't think was mentioned is Gun Crazy. It's an excellent film and if you chicks haven't seen it, do watch it as I think you'll be surprised where it goes. It's sort of like a precursor to Bonnie and Clyde, but I think a little better.

    And as always, looking forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're such great films.

      Gun Crazy has been added to my watchlist! I love Bonnie and Clyde.

      Delete