Friday 14 September 2012

Thoughts

       Wazza people? Did you know that 'totes' and 'amazeballs' are words in the dictionary now? And this meme doesn't apply because they are an actual part of English. Memes, you have failed us. Personally I find 'totes' funny, but that's just me.

1) September has turned into unofficial Doctor Who month on this blog. Sorry if that inconveniences anyone. I'm just really in love with this show.

2) Film Buzz- Ewan McGregor will now star in August: Osage County, along with Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Benedict Cumberbatch, Juliette Lewis, Abilgail Breslin, Chris Cooper, Dermot Mulroney, Sam Shepard, Margo Martindale and Misty Upham. Phew! Some cast that. Also Zero Theorem, the new Terry Gilliam film with Christoph Waltz in it, will now have Tilda Swinton too. If that isn't a dynamite trio, I don't know what. Then Christian Slater will join the Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac, which already has Shia La Beouf, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Willem Dafoe. It sounds really fucked up. My thoughts are exactly that of Sati's. Ew.

3) Links- Read this uber-adorable post on Mette's Journey to Wes Anderson Land.

4) I didn't publish this last week because I thought about dedicating a whole post to it, but then it hit me that I have done a lot of Harry Potter tributes on this blog. Anyways, this is "Mischief Managed: A Harry Potter Retrospective"-



Needless to say I was in tears by the end of this. I have realised that I can no longer watch a Harry Potter film without feeling a little sad inside. These were such a special series of films; you can see it from the video. From the look to the music to the absolutely epic cast of actors, and the story itself is so great. I just wish that they would have been more appreciated.

5) TIFF news and reviews are pouring in from everywhere. So here is what I have surmised so far- To the Wonder is Terrence Malick's weakest film yet, Ben Affleck's Argo is probably the best out there (Roger Ebert has gon as far as to say that it will win the Best Picture Oscar this year)- both very unexpected. Mixed reviews for Cloud Atlas, The Place Beyond the Pines, Like Someone in Love, Seven Psychopaths and a lot of love for David O. Russells's Silver Linings Playbook though it's supposedly total sell-out on the part of the usually eccentric director. The Master too hasn't received the universal acclaim one would expect from a Paul Thomas Anderson film, which is the most surprising conclusion of all. The one I am now looking forward the most too, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, is getting really good reviews! Also the newly re-cut On the Road is supposedly better. I can't wait to see all these movies!

6) A Whole Lot of Trailers and an Ad- A second Cloud Atlas trailer has come out, that is half the length of the former. I am really looking forward to this film actually. It looks absolutely stunning. The new Elle Fanning film, Ginger and Rosa has a trailer out. It looks really beautiful and apparently Fanning has done a brilliant job in it. I'm a fan, so I really want to watch it. Midnight's Children, which is Deepa Mehta's adaptation of one of my favourite books ever. I think the trailer looks really good, and though different from how I imagined it would look like, I am really looking forward to see how this one pans out. A Late Quartet, which has a very impressive cast boasting of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener and Christopher Walken. I am not entirely intrigued by the trailer- it's kind of meh. The new horror film with a very goth Jessica Chastain and Jaime Lannister (his real name is too big) Mama has a trailer out. It looks pretty bad. But that is forgiven because have you seen this ad for Yves Saint Laurent with La Chastain, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn? I want to marry it. Then there is Smashed with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Aaron Paul. The trailer looks okay but word has it that the film is really good and Winstead has given a stellar performance. Lincoln, whose trailer had a teaser for it- lolwut? Anyways, it reminds me too much of the super-awful War Horse which wasn't that terrible in itself but for all the unnecessary praise it received. THAT NOMINATION BELONGED TO DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 2! Never forget. Daniel Day-Lewis is a shoo-in for an Oscar nom though. Duh. Finally there is the trailer to the much-awaited Aamir Khan-starrer Talaash that completely delivers on what we had expected. I am so glad such films are still being made. I really hope it is good. 

7) Btw, how do you like the new banner? It's one of my most favourite ones yet. 

8) Finally, continuing from the earlier Jessica Chastain appreciation-life avenue of thought, I give you this (Stevee must be overjoyed)-
She's making me fall in love with purple all over again. Votte goddess.


That's it for now I guess. Byee.

15 comments:

  1. Just have to say that Jessica Chastain is totes amazeballs!! I'm feeling really oojamaflip right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new banner is great! where you been, girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D
      I've been here. Where have YOU been? ;-)

      Delete
    2. I've been up my own backside working 3-4 jobs, living my life, having my bday, and posting 3-4 times per week. I'm more than a decade older, life's like getting hit by a car =)

      Delete
    3. Ah well, c'est la vie I suppose. I had a birthday too! :)

      Delete
  3. Harry Potter > The Lord of the Rings. Just sayin'. :)

    LOVE that new banner! It's one of my favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just became my new favourite person ever.

      I wasn't as big a fan of White as the other two, but really good film still and Delpy is gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. Man, that YSL Manifesto ad campaign is my life right now. After I saw it I purposely made sure that I was wearing lots of purple went I went to our show. Good lord Jessica is beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I've hereby decided that you and I are going to TIFF one day. Cool? Cool.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine :P I want to wear lots of purple too!
      Totes man.

      Yep. We'll go there and meet all the celebs. Cool? Cool.

      Delete
  5. TIFF is so awesome, I really need to participate one day it seems all of the future Academy award winners are screened there. I was quite shocked The Master didn't get better reviews. i really like Chastain but those pics look like bad photoshop job to me, the colors and b&w look quite cheap, though she herself looks lovely. Love your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoww! It really does seem that way.
      Yep The Master reception has been shocking. But I have faith in PTA.
      It is bad photoshop :P I should really not believe in the authenticity of everything I find on Tumblr :S

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. So many links, so many things to discuss Nikhat
    1.That new movie with Ewan McGregor looks amazing
    2.I really need to see Doctor Who, but there are so many others waiting in line to be seen :(
    3.TIFF--I really want to see The Master. Argo, also, but I don't think it will have a huge success just because it's Ben Affleck directing and he still hasn't got the best reputation. But maybe I will be wrong, we shall see. Silver Linings is that good?hmm, didn't look like it from the trailer
    4.Not eagerly anticipating Lincoln- sure, DDL will be amazing, but still, I'm not enthusiastic about it
    5.Jessica Chastain looks amazing, as usual. Have you seen her in Lawless? she is flawless :D:D:D
    p.s.Horror- whenever I want to listen Maccabees- Forever I've know, it shows the progress, but I can't hear anything :( that's just sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a big comment :)

      1. I am so excited for this film. Hopefukky he gets the attention he deserves.
      2. WATCH IT!
      3. Yeah I think so too, even though it looks bloody interesting. I was just shocked at Ebert's claim. Playbook looks sweet. I mostly want to watch it for Jennifer Lawrence.
      4. Ditto.
      5. I haven't seen Lawless but I'm sure she;s amazing.

      Replaced :/

      Delete