1) Look at the banner people! Granted it's pre-2011, but so much joys.
2) So one of my most anticipated movies of this year, Alfonso Cuarón's space epic Gravity has been pushed back to 2013. Gahh. It sounds so mindblowingly amazing. Already I have an ever-growing list of films that I must watch next year- Sofia Coppola's Bling Ring, Daniel Radcliffe-starrer Kill Your Darlings, the sequel to Star Trek, the very strange sounding Pacific Rim by Guillermo Del Toro, some other 100 sequels.
3) Joel Edgerton has dropped out of double feature The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and has been replaced the James "BLUEEE-EYES" McAvoy. Yaay. I mean I will pay good money to watch just one movie with McAvoy and Jessica Chastain, and these are two different movies- His and Hers, which in itself sound very intriguing. Edgerton frightens me a little bit, and I absolutely adore McAvoy, so I'm very happy with this casting choice.
4) Speaking of happy casting choices, Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will star in the movie adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's The Price of Salt, which will be called Carol. It is a romantic story, about an up-and-comer, played by Wasikowska, who falls for a middle-aged housewife, played by Blanchett, in New York in the 1950s, who then set out across the United States with a private investigator in their trail. I read somewhere this will almost be like Brokeback Mountain for lesbians since it's a great emotional story. The two Aussie actresses are absolutely lovely and I am very excited for this project. Also it will be co-written and directed by John Crowley, who made the brilliant yet underrated Boy A.
5) Trailers and Teasers and Clips, Oh My - Hyde Park on Hudson which has Bill Murray playing FDR. It can be a charming movie, but the trailer is all over the place. Love the cast- especially Murray and Laura Linney. Magic Mike's second trailer is much more about objectifying men than custom furniture, as it should be. It does look interesting, but gahh Channing Tatum. The Watch which looks insane. Like a wannabe Edgar Wright movie, but I do think that the people in it are all right. Won't Back Down which isn't a sequel to Never Back Down. In fact it stars Oscar nominees Viola Davis and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The trailer is awful, but the film might just be good-ish. Now on to Cannes- Holy Motors which everyone seems to love because of its craziness has an equally mundane yet captivating trailer. The Paperboy, which everyone hates because Nicole Kidman looked so wonderfully trashy, like seen in the clip. Killing Them Softly which has some totally random clip not even with Brad Pitt, but people seem to really like this film. The new Bond film Skyfall has a cracker of a teaser out. It looks absolutely incredible and cool, and I'm properly excited for this film now. It's just how a teaser should be made, and the same goes for P.T. Anderson's The Master (and with that all the film nerds died and went to heaven). This too looks awesome and weird and Joaquin Phoenix is back on his A-game. Finally, my king of trailers, one that I have seen about 30 times already- Baz Luhrmann's gorgeous and wonderfully OTT adaptation of The Great Gatsby. I love how it looks, and we can already see the many details from the beloved novel like the gigantic bespectacled eyes that have literally been haunting me, the beautiful shirts scene, the swimming pool etc. I love how pretty Leo looks, and Mulligan too (still not Daisy, sorry). I loved how sexy Jordan was in the book, and newcomer Elizabeth Debicki nails it. Joel Edgerton looks totally repulsive, how Tom was. Also Amitabh Bachchan, who is one of the biggest Bollywood stars, makes his Hollywood debut in this. The only thing lacking in the trailer was Tobey Maguire, and I hope they don't reduce his role because I love Nick as I love all narrators. All of this, perfectly complimented by that controversial Jay Z- Kanye West track in the opening and then the amazing Jack White cover of "Love is Blindness" later on. LOVE IT!!
6) Someone buy me this. Please.
7) Finally, I'm sorry I have nothing so I'm going to leave you with this-
Bye. Keep twirling :D