Saturday 21 December 2013

New Favourite 100-ish List


My new Favourite 100-ish List is up. There has been a lot of reshuffling with a few additions and removals. The Godfather isn't in my list anymore so I guess I'm going to cinephile hell. On the other hand, Hot Fuzz, my erstwhile number 101, has joined the list directly at 57. Yarp.

The most represented decade is the 2000s and the least represented is the 1930s (none from before 1930- need to work on that). 

Movies added to the list: La haine, Dogville, The Double Life of Veronique (re-added), Cloud Atlas, Dev D, Frances Ha, Hot Fuzz, Brief Encounter, Stories We Tell, Chungking Express, Toy Story 3 (in place of the Toy Story trilogy)

Movies no longer in the list: Breaking the Waves, A Hard Day's Night, Almost Famous, Polar Express, To Die For, The Godfather, Bande à part, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Margaret, Dog Day Afternoon, Toy Story and Toy Story 2

Hope you like it :)

11 comments:

  1. Damn, guess I really need to see Stories We Tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Godfather films aren't on my top 100 list either, shame on me :) I really need to see Frances Ha, before I publish my top films of 2013.

    If you want to go back to 1920s, I'd recommend The Gold Rush (Chaplin), The General (Keaton), and Metropolis (Lang) . I think they are all in IMDb top 250.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen all 3 and loved them. Thanks for the suggestions though :)

      Delete
  3. Even a shouting McAvoy is a sexy McAvoy.

    ... Sorry about that, I just had to let it out. Hm, some additions that I need to see. Didn't realize you liked Cloud Atlas that much. But I want to read the book first. Loooove Dev D and, since two days now, Frances Ha. (I tried running like that, it probably looked far less romantic than in the movie though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Of course* he is.

      I want to read the book too. SO MUCH TO READ! Hahaha, yes, we all wish we were Frances.

      Delete
  4. Two questions for you:

    Which films moved up the most and which films (that still stayed on the list) fell the furthest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Breakfast Club went up 7 spots from #22 to #15.
      The Piano Teacher went down 44 spots from #56 to #100.

      Delete
  5. Love the updates. Glad to see The Double Life of Veronique back on there, as well as the additions of Chungking Express, Brief Encounter and Cloud Atlas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list. Such an eclectic bunch of films. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Alex. Means a lot coming from you (since you have seen every movie).

      Delete