1) Little Children- Saw it on Kate the great's birthday. I really liked it. Patrick Wilson is hot.
2) Frost/Nixon- I thought it was great. I love Michael Sheen.3) Bright Young Things- This has a crazy cast. It was a little too frenzied and the emotional side of the story got lost somewhere in that.
4) Alps- Not as brilliant as Dogtooth but still very interesting ideas in place. Gorgeous ending.
5) The Way Way Back- Aww, this was sweet. Sam Rockwell is awesomesauce.
6) Go Goa Gone- In-flight movie. Harmless fun.
7) En Kort En Lang- This would have been such a Bollywood film if we took the gay angle out of the mix. Very sweet and Mads Mikkelsen is just adorbs in it.
8) The Grey- Sooooo good! Was not expecting that at all. Scary and profound.
9) The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones- A.W.F.U.L.
10) The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou- I liked it but it's one of the lesser Wes Anderson films for me.
11) Gravity- Phenomenal, obviously.
12) Airplane!- The puns just kept coming, didn't they? The flamboyant air traffic controller is my hero.
13) The Intouchables- This film was like sunshine. So happy.
14) Eyes Without a Face- I thought it was very tragic and beautiful.
15) The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford- I liked it but god, it was long! Casey Affleck and Roger Deakins were the best things about it of course.
16) A Man Escaped- Kind of brilliant, no?
17) Wadjda- I really hope to write a post on this soon. I absolutely loved it.
18) A Woman Under the Influence- It got quite scary at times but excellent acting by the leads.
19) Something in the Air- It was pretty but bland.
20) The American- Stunning. A perfect film.
21) Deliverance- I *get* the whole deal now.
22) Leaving Las Vegas- So sad but beautiful at the same time, and amazing performances by Nicolas Cage and Elizabeth Shue.
23) Night of the Living Dead- I was really bored at first but it does get very thrilling later. I must say that I was not expecting a black man to be the hero, and it was a welcome surprise.
24) Dawn of the Dead- Fantastic. I didn't realise that I had seen the remake earlier but I liked this one much much more.
25) Hocus Pocus- This was fun. Gotta love cult favourites.
1) The Social Network- I had to watch this after getting the best director prize at my college's drama competition. Fincher is god, after all.
2) The World's End- With my little brother this time.
3) Silver Linings Playbook- This film makes me happy.
4) This is the End- Again, with my brother. I have a bad/good feeling its ending will top my list of favourite scenes of the year.
5) Children of Men- Had to watch it after Gravity. It's still one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen.
6) Stoker- I have an urge to rewatch it everytime I listen to its score. Which is like everyday.
7) The Darjeeling Limited- I had apparently forgotten some of it. The rewatch has confirmed that it's my third favourite Wes Anderson film after Rushmore and Moonrise Kingdom.
8) The Rock- I had not seen it in 7 or 8 years. I forgot how funny it was.
9) Starter for 10- Again, the cast is mental. Benedict Cumberbatch being a college loser is HILARIOUS!
The Prince- It was... interesting. I don't really know what to say. It's a bit awful but kind of brilliant at the same time.
Firsts- 164 Rewatched- 70 Shorts- 2
So in spite of my amazement, November is here and with it, the Kolkata Film Festival and finally, the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special!!!!! Geronimo!