Tuesday 30 October 2012

Thoughts

It is the strange feeling writing a post on a tab but my brother has hijacked well, his own laptop. And now I am reduced to this silly piece of technology. Ah, c'est la vie.

1. So apparently Johnny Depp dropped out of Wes Anderson's next, The Grand Budapest Hotel and has been replaced by Ralph Fiennes. If you remember, I was overjoyed when the news had first come out of his casting because I had been praying for him to get a non-absurd money-accumulating role, but nooooo! He really knows how to test my loyalty. I was actually depressed when I found out that he had dropped out. But it seems that all hope is not lost and cinematographer Wally Pfister wants him as lead in his directorial debut Transcendence. Please please please let this be good. I miss the time when Johnny Depp's career did not make me cry. Pfister also wants Christian Bale as co-lead so we may be looking at a Public Enemies cast reunion. Big Yes!!

2. Oh by the way, I hope everyone is safe from Hurricane Sandy. I would comment on calling a scary hurricane Sandy, but as learnt from sitting in a quiz once, hurricanes are usually given the names of women or um, pets (?) in this case because people hope that they will be as calm and nondestructive as the things they usually name. So yes, I hope Hurricane Sandy ends up being as harmless as it sounds. And that was all for the general knowledge segment of this post. Moving right along.

3. Loads of links- This post was supposed to come ages ago, back when the awesome Cinematic Paradox run by Stevee Taylor aka my blogging soulsister turned 3! She also updated her top 100 movies out of which I have seen 93. How many have you seen? Andy Buckle of The Film Emporium got to interview friggin' Paul Thomas Anderson! So cool! Since Halloween is tomorrow, a couple of Halloween-themed links- Sati's 7 Days of Halloween and Alex's Top 10 Horror Films. I posted my own Top 10 last year. I am still happy with my list, but I would put Suspiria somewhere in there if I had made it this year.

4. Hey did you guys notice that I have tweaked the blog's design a bit! How do you like it? Also I changed my about page a bit, if you're interested in that sort of thing... you know like getting to know people etc.

5) Two superhero teaser posters- Iron Man 3 which shows the various versions of the Iron suit and Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in their midst. It is intriguing enough, especially if you love the awesome Iron suit as I do. The Wolverine does have a pretty rad poster but after the utter disappointment of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I am still not too buzzed about it.

6) Trailer- Iron Man 3 has a cool and sort of dark trailer out. Something has happened that is making Tony Stark reflect back on his life. Also his suits might have gone nuts and there's a new baddie in the form of Mandarin, played by Sir Ben Kingsley. I do like it a lot and am already dying to watch it, as Iron Man is my favourite superhero, but the lack of zingy one-liners in the trailer is slightly worrying. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters has another ridiculous trailer out. This film is going to be such shit. Also why is Hansel American and Gretel British???? 

7) Living with a cinephile must be very affecting. My twelve year old brother has made his top 25 films list, which both of us would like to share with you- (25) The Hangover, (24) The Social Network, (23) The Silence of the Lambs, (22) Star Trek, (21) Scott Pilgrim vs The World, (20) Kill Bill Vol. 2, (19) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, (18) Ghostbusters, (17) Inglourious Basterds, (16) How to Train Your Dragon, (15) Shaun of the Dead, (14) Wall-E, (13) Transformers, (12) Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, (11) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, (10) Hot Fuzz, (9) Kill Bill Vol. 1, (8) Spider-man, (7) The Toy Story trilogy, (6) Up, (5) The Dark Knight Rises, (4) Ratatouille, (3) Iron Man, (2) The Dark Knight, (1) The Avengers.

8) Finally, Halloween is tomorrow and as usual I am in a place which doesn't really celebrate it and I am left to wishing that I was somewhere that does. Given the chance, I would dress as one of my many role models, Wednesday Addams-

"What are you, darling? Where’s your costume?"
Still, my best friend might be going as her, so yaay(?)!


Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe. Byee.

15 comments:

  1. Nice compilation of random thoughts here, sometimes it's good to just do this once in a while and just write whatever comes to your mind. I hear ya about hurricanes having such harmless names, they should have scarier names to match their destructive prowess!

    Btw, I share quite a few fave movies there w/ your brother, I LOVE How to Train Your Dragon, The Dark Knight, The Toy Story trilogy and Avengers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I like to call it rambling/babbling.
      I see what you mean about hurricanes. Sandy sounds especially too tame.

      He'll be happy to know :) I love those films too!

      Delete
  2. Love the new design! It's very pretty :)

    I saw a 'Re-blog if you've been personally victimised by the Iron Man 3 trailer' post going around on Tumblr. I reblogged. My goodness, it's heart-wrenching just watching it! Nooooo!

    Depp must really like Transcendence if he's dropped out of Andersons' flick. Or he really hates Andersons flick. I'M SO CONFUSED JOHNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Noooooo!

      He apparently was never in it in the first place :/

      Delete
  3. Bring on the Public Enemies reunion!

    I dig the new design. :)

    Iron Man 3 yes, Hansel and Gretel no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have watched more movies this year than i have in my entire life :)
    And your brother's list made me happy since ive seen most of the movies :D
    i wish my world allowed me to go on a no holds barred movie watching spree for a while. but alas. c'est la vie.
    i like the new design. its pretty pretty :)
    and i too wish we had Halloween around here. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!
      Haha yes.
      I know right :'(
      Thanks man :)
      Ugh I know. Lame-ass India.

      Delete
  5. oooo. i want to be clementine :) so bad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! She's awesome. But then again I was to be *her*. In every way.

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the link! I like the Iron Man 3 trailer as well, but I'm still skeptical about that one. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the link! Oh, i love Wednesday Adams, she is so hilarious, I was her once for Halloween, back when my hair were long and I could have those two cute braids :)

    I'm kinda excited for Anderson's movie now - Saoirse Ronan and Ralph Fiennes in his quirky universe may be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. God I wished I celebrated Halloween. So much fun.

      Definitely cool.

      Delete
  8. Great choice for a costume! I have to say, Sandy did not go over very well here in NYC. We were mostly screwed, but I was in the lucky portion of town that wasn't affected for power/water. Super weird experience, but I'm ashamed to admit that I very much liked the 6 day weekend, until I saw the body count...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a really strange experience. Glad to know you weren't affected :)

      Delete