Tuesday 29 March 2011

"High school is like the training wheels for the bicycle of real life. It is a time when young people can explore different fields of interest and hopefully learn from their experiences. In coming to terms with my own personal setback, I have been able to learn that I don't need to rely on drugs and alcohol, and that I'm very lucky that more people besides myself and Carrie weren't injured in the accident. And I have learned that to overcome life's obstacles you need faith, hope and, above all, a sense of humor." ~Ghost World

SCHOOL'S OUT!!
      This is it. No more school for me. Today was officially my last day of school EVER.
So as of today I am an ungraduated, unemployed, unmotivated 18 year old with poor-to-moderate knowledge of films, books, pop culture and nothing else. Fun I tell ya'!

Well since an era of my life just finished, here's a few things that I had wished for and did not happen to me (in my 12 years of school):

1) I did not become Molly Ringwald.

2) I never faked out my parents and took a day off.

3) I did not become a princess.

4) I did not get to sing (or receive) a random musical number.

5) I didn't become a spy.

6) I never met a Cera-ish character who is just soooo perfect.

7) I did not have a magical prom moment (or just a prom).

8) I did not have a European city adventure.

9) I did not take part in a revolution.

10) I did not form a clique/ ruin people's lives/ did anything Mean Girls-ey (except I do use the phrase "BOO YOU WHORE" a lot).

11) I did not time travel.

12) I GREW UP!!
:(

      Since I had exams for a month now, I couldn't finish my Favourite High School Movies List in time to commemorate the occasion. It will hopefully be up in a few days, because I will be jobless like that (JOY!).

1 comment: