1) So apparently Johnny Depp was never going to be in the next Wes Anderson film, named The Grand Budapest Hotel. Sorry Johnny! Anyways you know who is? Saoirse Ronan, who I love. And she's going to be the lead. Also Anderson has reported that the film will be set 85 years ago in a Hungarian Hotel and has been inspired by the works of Billy Wilder and Ernst Luitsch. How insanely awesome is that? Ronan is insanely talented, and she will be starring alongside Ralph Fiennes and Anderson regulars like Bill Murray and Jason Schwartzman.
2) That's only the first of the many excellent casting announcements from the past week or so. Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing The Beatles' manager Brian Epstein in an upcoming biopic directed by Wicker Park and Sherlock director, Paul McGuigan. Then uber-talented heartthrobs Colin Firth and Michael Fassbender will be starring in a film called Genius abut Thomas Wolfe and Max Perkins, a publisher to the likes of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. It will be written by John Logan, who has written things like Hugo and Skyfall. Juliet Binoche and Clive Owen will be starring in a romantic drama together called Words and Pictures about a relationship between two teachers in a school. I can just imagine how great both of them will be together.
3) In TV world, Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm are going to star together in a British series called A Young Doctor's Notebook in which both play the same character in different stages of his life. It is based on the semi-autobiographical short stories of Mikhail Bulgakov chronicling his work as a doctor during the Russian Revolution. I love everything that Radcliffe is doing post-Harry Potter and this seems like another excellent project. Also speaking of Harry Potter, David Yates is making the new Tarzan movie. Like why? Do we need a new Tarzan movie? And apparently the studios are considering people like Alexander Skarsgard, Tom Hardy and Henry Cavill. Hot men, but once again, why?
4) Oh Disney bought Lucasfilm and all and there's going to be a Star Wars Episode VII and Harrison Ford wants to reprsise his role as Han Solo. Obligatory big movie news update over.
5) Apparently Channing Tatum is this year's Sexiest Man Alive. 'Cuz of that male stripper movie and all. This is all I have to say to that. Miranda Kerr is the Sexiest Woman Alive. 10 happy Legolases for her.
6) Trailers- I don't really have any trailers. Let's watch The Amazing Spider-Man's Honest trailer instead.
7) Happy 2nd blog birthday to Lime Reviews and Strawberry Confessions run by the wonderful Mette. This post is a must read! Anna from Defiant Success has written two brilliant posts- enumerating her favourite British actors, and book vs movie: Fight Club. I love Fight Club in all its forms obviously.
8) Finally, I want to marry this poster-
The details! :O :O