1) Paramount is celebrating its 100 Years and it put together a gargantuan group of film royalty (plus Beiber), 116 to be exact, in an unbelievable photo. And if you think that maybe some of them look Photoshopped (I did :/ ), I assure you they weren't. God what a place to be!
2) I love big casts, and Steve McQueen's next, Twelve Years a Slave is going to have just that. Headlining of course is Michael Fassbender. Then there will be Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch, Taram Killam, Paul Giamatti, Paul Dano, Alfre Woodard, Adepero Odeyu etc. This film is going to be nuts! And by that, I do mean amazing. Gah Fassy and Cumberbatch in one movie- music to my ears, literally.
3) Other major casting news is that Jean Dujardin maybe joining Leo Di Caprio in Martin Scorsese's next, The Wolf of Wall Street. As excited as I am about this, all I can think of are the Leo and Oscar jokes (which should be a genre of jokes on their own). Poor Leo. This will be his year though.
4) Also there is a lot of talk about the Fifty Shades of Grey movie adaptation. Bret Easton Ellis is writing it and wants Ryan Gosling to star as Christian Grey and David Cronenberg to direct it. Just typing out that sentence is making my ovaries explode and if this film does happen, I will spontaneously combust while watching it! But it will be worth it. This Christian Grey role is like the Lisbeth Salander casting all over again. Everyone's jumping at the opportunity. Ian Somerhalder and Alexander Skarsgård have spoken about their interest in playing the titular character. I would watch it for them too, but gah if Gosling stars, and with all this talk about maybe getting Rooney Mara to star as the female protagonist, Anastasia Steele- I will explode or implode or something!
5) Another casting choice that has everyone talking is of Finnick Odair in Catching Fire. Why are people even considering Taylor Kitsch? He is made out of a block of stone. I cannot decide who is a worse actor, he or Taylor Lautner? And I don't really like Garrett Hedlund as a choice either- he just isn't charismatic enough. I honestly pictured Armie Hammer while reading the book and I really hope he gets the part. Also I like how the studios have asked Philip Seymour Hoffman to play Plutarch Heavensbee. Dream big people!
6) I saw Prometheus! I missed the first 8 minutes, but I read about it in Wikipedia. It was a gorgeous looking film, and what was wonderful was that however spectacular everything was, it looked believable. Also Fassy as David was amazing! The story jumped around a bit in the middle, which is what I didn't like. Also THE Noomi Rapace scene- I saw that with my hands covering my glasses, in paralyzing fear. One thing that helped me get my thoughts set about this movie was The Matineecast.
7) Stevee's started a meme! Here are a 100/50 Film Facts about Sati, Lesya and Tyler. Love Lesya's #100.
8) Oh btw, has everyone seen my amazing banner?! Who got the Fight Club joke in it?
9) Trailers- Django Unchained's International Trailer. I'm not even going to talk about it, lest I burst into tears because of how awesome it is. I need clothes which are the same colour as Django's blue suit. Resident Evil Retribution has a terrible trailer out. Seriously it needs to get over. Also how many times can Milla Jovovovich wake up and still not realise that zombies have taken over this world? Magic Mike's butt galore red band trailer. I don't think I need to write anything more about that. Life of Pi's footage from its site. Oh god it looks brilliant!
10) Finally, I miss Tyrion already-
ALL THE MEMES!