Saturday, 1 January 2011
It's 2011. And that means a whole new year with lots and lots and lots of films to watch. So here is my list of the announced titles I found interesting. Enjoy.
Will be good, no matter what-
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2- It’s ending *a happy sniff*. The series which made me who I am, and defined my whole generation comes to an end this year. Biggest cinematic event ever.
2. The Green Hornet- Seth Rogen, Christoph Waltz and Jay Chou in a Michel Gondry film. And have you seen the trailer? It’s epic!!
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- David Fincher <3. Rooney Mara in one of the most coveted roles in recent cinematic history, and Daniel Craig too. Let’s hope the credits would say- from the Oscar-winning director of The Social Network.
4. The Ides of March- George Clooney’s political Drama, starring Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Chris Pine, Paul Giamatti and Marisa Tomei. *shudders with joy*
5. X Men: First Class- Starring the two men who I predict will rule the film charts this year- James McAvoy as young Proffesor X and Michael Fassbender as young Magneto.
6. Fright Night- Anton Yelchin starring as a popular high school boy whose new neighbor is a vampire, played by Colin Farrell. Cool or what? It also stars Doctor Who’s David Tennant and Mclovin!
7. Your Highness- From the creators of Pineapple Express, stars James Franco and Natalie Portman. ‘Nuff said.
8. A Dangerous Method- A story about Sigmund Fred and Carl Jung. Starring Michael Fassbender, Viggo Mortensen, Keira Knightley and Vincent Cassel. Such a good feeling about this film!
9. Restless- Gus Van Sant’s romantic drama that looks an awful lot like Harold and Maude.
10. Sherlock Holmes 2- RDJ, Jude Law, Stephen Fry, Rachael McAdams and Guy Ritchie. Gah, the awesomeness!
11. Hop- Russel Brand playing an animated rabbit!! I just died of excitement.
12. Rango- Johnny Depp playing an animated chameleon, directed by Gore Verbinsky. Same reaction as above.
13. The Tree of Life- The trailer is just beautiful. Terrence Mallick’s drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.
14. Super 8- The damned teaser trailer had me at the edge of my seat. All I know is that it has Elle Fanning and made by J.J. Abrams.
15. Beginners- The plot summary had me rolling with excitement. Starring the lovely Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer and Melanie “Shosanna” Laurent.
16. Hesher- Joseph Gordon-Levitt looking like a bum, and Natalie Portman. Oooh.
17. Crazy, Stupid, Love- Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling in one film!
18. The Three Musketeers- Oh just the cast is making me earthquake. Logan Lerman, Matthew Mcfayden, Orlando Bloom and best of all, Christoph Waltz.
19. Arthur Christmas- Animated film about Santa’s misfit son with voices of James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent.
20. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp’s much anticipated role.
Really hope that they’ll be good, but have a bad feeling that they might suck-
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides- I don’t know. I can’t help it. The trailer looks too much and Rob Marshall is a bit dramatic.
2. Hangover 2- It’s just so hard to match up to the first part, especially because it is a comedy. I think they’re gonna fail.
3. The Beaver- It looks interesting and I love Jodie Foster, but Mel Gibson’s kinda nuts.
4. On The Road- Adapting a book like this, with so much cultural influence, seems pretty impossible. And I just cannot see Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart as Dean Moriarty and Marylou.
5. Transformers: Dark of the Moon- The teaser trailer was plain awful. The new female lead seems dismal. I don’t know how Michael Bay and Shia Labeouf are going to pick it up from the slightly bad Transformers 2.
6. Paul- I really want this to rock, especially because of the Shaun of the Dead team and Greg Mottola of Superbad and Adventureland, but the trailer looks really random.
7. Jane Eyre- Again, adapting a book like this, and that too in a two-hour film. It has Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikowska, Jamie Bell and Dame Judy Dench though.
8. Captain America: The First Avenger- I don’t like the superhero. But I have faith in Chris Evans.
9. Water for Elephants- The trailer looks boring, but I know the plot, which is infinitely interesting. This film is resting on my faith in Christoph Waltz.
10. Bel Ami- Again, I have very less faith in Robert Pattinson, and Uma Thurman out of Tarantino films. But the plot’s super sexy.
11. The Wolverine- Darren Aronofsky is going to make it. It’s definitely gonna be a love-it-or-hate-it film.
12. Thor- Once again I don’t like the superhero or Chris Hemsworth. Natalie Portman might save it.
13. Red Riding Hood- It looks cool and has Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman and a couple of really hot guys, but it’s made by the director of Twilight and may suck, big time.
Films that I’m pretty sure will suck so bad, that it’ll become a necessity to see them-
1. Sucker Punch- What is going on in Zach Snyder’s head? The trailer looks retarded.
2. Green Lantern- Oh look, Ryan Reynolds is Ben 10!
3. I Am Number Four- See below.
4. Beastly- Alex Pettyfer is the oddest leading man in Hollywood. He cannot act, has never delivered a hit film, but keeps getting roles, just because he is smoking hot. Kind of excited about Diana Argon, NPH and Mary-Kate Olsen though. ( Considering both films)
5. Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World- What? Why? Stop!
6. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- No comments
7. Cowboys and Aliens- It looks mental, but it has cult hit written all over.
8. Season of the Witch- Nicholas Cage- what happened to your Adaptation days?
9. The Apparition- It has some dumb plot, but it also has Tom “Malfoy” Felton.
10. From Prada to Nada- HAHAHAHA…look at the name.
Other films I am looking forward to- (I’m just going to comment on a few)
1. No Strings Attached- Super-duper hot.
2. Waiting For Forever- It’s finally going to come out.
3. The Rite
4. The Way Back
5. London Boulevard
6. The Eagle
8. The Smurfs- One of my most favourite cartoons of all time.
9. Friends with Benefits
11. 30 Minutes or Less
12. The Conspirator
13. The Dilemma
14. The Help
15. Drive- Can’t wait. Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan.
16. Anonymous- Fantastic concept about a man who actually wrote all of Shakespeare’s stuff. Starring Rhys Ifans.
17. Dream House
18. Contagion- What a cast- Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow and Lawrence Fishburn.
20. Puss in Boots- Better be good. Shrek Forevere After left a bad taste in my mouth.
21. Happy Feet 2- Yaaay! And it has Brad Pitt. I do not approve of the 3-D thing though.
22. Gnomeo and Juliet- James McAvoy, in another animated film which is about rival garden gnomes.
23. The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made
24. Hugo Cabret- Martin Scorcese’s next.
28. What’s Your Number?
29. Rise of the Apes
30. Cars 2
31. Kung Fu Panda 2
32. One Day- I swear I’d thought of this story atleast 3 years ago.
33. This Means War- Oh so epic- Chris Pine and Tom Hardy fighting over Reese Witherspoon.
34. My Week with Marilyn- Emma Watson’s new flick, with Michelle Williams as the gorgeous Marilyn Monroe.
35. My Idiot Brother- Paul Rudd starrer, have a really good feeling about it.
36. We Bought a Zoo
37. Midnight in Paris- Woody Allen’s next with Marion Cotillard, Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams.
38. Arthur- Russel Brand and Helen Mirren in one film!
40. Mars Needs Moms
Films I might watch, but no pressure really-
1. Immortals- Sounds an awful lot like the terrible Clash of the Titans.
2. New Year’s Eve- As much as I love him, Garry Marshall should learn from his previous mistakes (Valentine’s Day)
3. Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol- What a gay name. Why is Brad Bird making it?
4. Just Go With It- Stolen from a Hindi film.
5. Perks of Being a Wallflower- Whatever happened to it starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson. I fail you.
6. Wanted 2- The first one was way too OTT.
7. Scream 4- Bleh.
8. Fast Five- Seriously STOP.
9. Big Momma’s: Like Father like Son- *gagging from the bile rising in my throat*
10. Source Code- Again bleh, even though it stars Jake Gyllenhaal.
11. Final Destination 5- The summary reads, “The fifth installment of the franchise in which teens escape a deadly accident only to later discover that death is hunting them down.” We’ve already seen this for the first 500 installments. Enough is enough.
What films are you excited about?