Friday, 3 December 2010

“I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying.” ~ Woody Allen

     Curse the person who invented exams, and curse exams for what they do to us. I forgot that yesterday, that is 1st December, 2010 was Allen Stewart Konigsberg AKA Woody Allen's birthday. And not just any birthday, his 75th!

     Now I owe a lot to this wonderful, wonderful man. It was when I saw his film, The Purple Rose of Cairo did I realise how much I really love films, and how they will be my life. I also identify most with his work. He is the king of dramedies and bitter-sweet endings. The perfect mixture of humour and self-loathing is brilliant. And he has made more than 50 films. He is a cinematic legend! His affairs are well-loved and his muses are just transplendent.

      Let's hope he makes his wonderful movies till forever...Happy Belated Birthday Woody!!!!







I rest my case!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, clever man, I'm liking that quote :) You'll probably be disgusted to hear I haven't seen any of his films - thankfully my uni has quite the impressive audio/visual library, so I'll be sure to dig up some DVD's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should...his films are just splendid. Wow, my school's audio/visual collection is deplorable. I think there's a bit of Shakespeare, Dickens and probably Mary Poppins. I actually gave them a list of films to buy...dunno what happened about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woody Allen! Haha I just want to use all of his quotes.

    ReplyDelete