Sunday, 21 February 2010

Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love; it is the faithless who know love's tragedies


"Say it's carol singers
With any luck, by next year
I'll be going out with one of these girls
But for now, let me say
Without hope or agenda,
Just because it's Christmas-
(And at Christmas you tell the truth)
To me, You are perfect
And my wasted heart will love you
Until you look like this...
Merry Christmas"
-Love Actually




"I hate the way you talk to me,
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
Not even close
Not even a little bit
Not even at all."

-10 Things I Hate About You




"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out.
I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. 
I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. 
I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. 
And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. 
And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. 
I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, 
You want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
- When Harry Met Sally 




"Daydream delusion, limousine eyelash
Oh baby with your pretty face
Drop a tear in my wineglass 
Look at those big eyes
 See what you mean to me
 Sweet-cakes and milkshakes 
I'm a delusion angel 
I'm a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think 
Don't want you to guess anymore 
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we're going
Lodged in life 
Like branches in a river
Flowing downstream 
Caught in the current
I carry you 
You'll carry me 
That's how it could be 
Don't you know me? 
Don't you know me by now?"
-Before Sunrise


I guess it's the February thing that I cannot get enough of love. These are a few of my favourite poems/declarations from movies.

2 comments:

  1. lovee this....the love actually bit is my favourite ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nikhaaat :) i loooove this!


    - elaf

    ReplyDelete