Monday, 11 January 2010

SOME LIKE IT HOT AND SUGARY!

Confession time.
I had actually never ever watched a single Marilyn Monroe movie when I made this blog.

I had seen that bit in Seven Year Itch when she says, “ Hey, did you ever try dunking a potato chip in champagne? It's real crazy! ” And of course I knew her entire “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend” by rote. But never had I actually watched a whole film of her’s.

I find her extremely fascinating. All her reported quotes are brilliant, her looks are legendary, her white-flying dress is the sexiest outfit EVER, and her death a perpetual mystery. Marilyn Monroe, in my eyes had done the only thing all humans in this world should ever try to do- become unforgettable. Only when we are unforgettable should we die, because then we live on forever. I do fear death, despite my suicidal claims, but more than that I fear being forgettable. I mean there is nothing worse than fading into oblivion. True almost all have those few people around us who won’t forget us until they die but then what?

 No one ever will be ever to forget Marilyn Monroe and I salute her for that. Another confession, I also respect Jack the Ripper on similar grounds.

Anyways, a few days ago I watched Some Like It Hot. Oh good Lord, she is just fabulous!

She was a full figured woman, the kind Tyra Banks would call “FIIEEERRRCCCCEEEEE!!!!” Her face is completely angelic…as is her voice when she sings the sweet and seductive “I Wanna Be Loved By You” and the too sexy-yet-heart-wrenching “I’m Through With Love”.

She was such a perfect woman… so full of flaws but still so desirable. Her character Sugar Kane is hilarious, sweet, and sexy. She can’t seem to get out of trouble with saxophone players as she finds them oh so irresistible. Well actually, she can’t ever get out of trouble because she is always the one who gets caught…

I loved the movie…it was hilarious! Tony Curtis was my more favourite man-woman-man person and obviously, Sugar was brilliant.


1 comment: